Balón Oval

Con H de blog

Patada a seguir

Resumen de prensa.

Editor's Blog de Scrum

L'Equipe. Rugby

Le Monde. Rugby

Daily Post North Wales. Rugby News

New Zealand Herald. Rugby

The Irish Independent. Rugby

The Independent. Rugby

Sport: Rugby union | guardian.co.uk

RaboDirect PRO 12

Guinness Premiership

The Rugby Blog

dijous, 8 d’abril del 2010

O'Driscoll puede largarse a Francia

El gran O'Driscoll puede dejar las verdes tierras irlandesas por la hermosa París, a la que espero acudir este verano.



O'Driscoll may link up with Cheika
By Daivd Kelly

Brian O'Driscoll has said he would be willing to consider a move away from Ireland -- but only after his contract expires following the 2011 Rugby World Cup.

Speaking exclusively to the Irish Independent ahead of Leinster's crunch quarter-final against Clermont Auvergne, Europe's most bankable star refused to rule out a move away from Leinster in the future.

"I don't rule anything out," said O'Driscoll, who in the past has been courted by clubs, notably Biarritz.

With current Leinster coach Michael Cheika due to hook up with Stade Francais from next season, speculation has inevitably linked the pair to a reunion at some time.

"I did have a big interest in moving," he says of his past links with a move abroad. "I was a bit dismayed about Leinster going through three coaches in three years and I wondered were Leinster going anywhere, but Michael Cheika gave us that stability.

"But that doesn't mean you have to stay in one club for your whole career. If the situation arose, I'd certainly be open to the idea of it.

"I still have 18 months left on my current contract. I'll wait until he (Cheika) gets over to Paris and see if he wants an old, battered 32-year-old.

"I'm really happy where I am and enjoying my rugby. I'll cross that bridge but it will be further down the track."

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada